Saturday 10 January 2015

This My Friend Saved A Life Today... He's A Great Man!

This my friend saved a life today... 


We were waiting at a bus-stop along Lekki Expressway when suddenly we heard tire screeches as a speeding car almost hit a seemingly confused old man in glasses as he crossed one of the two lanes in getting to the other side of the road. 

My friend exclaimed, "that man could have been killed just now, and if he crosses the other lane alone, he just might be! Let's go help him!" He rushed to the man, with me by his side, and helped the man cross the second lane. 

The man said to us after crossing, "thank you very much boys, my eyes are bad".

This touched me very deeply. 

If this attitude is what we all have as a people, rather than the I-can't-help-you-if-you-don't-settle-me one we are best known for, we would be better off. 

Change in a nation stands with the individuals, and u never really help a person until you help and expect nothing in return. 

Thanks for this lesson/example my friend, Derrick 'Sirius' Morris.

No comments:

Post a Comment