Sunday 9 February 2014

Nike Drops Air Yeezy II, Sells Out in 11 Minutes

Nike’s highly-anticipated Air Yeezy II “Red October” kicks became available for purchase out of thin air on the company’s website this afternoon (Feb. 9) at 1 p.m. Making the announcement via Twitter, Nike dropped the bomb, and the shoe sold out in 11 minutes.


Kanye West’s relationship with Nike has been a complicated one, with the rapper announcing his new deal with Adidas after bashing Nike for lack of creative and market control. West later apologized and showed gratitude for the launch of the wildly sought after shoe.
"I’m still gonna do music but I really do feel honored to have had the chance to blow Yeezy up with Nike and I really appreciate everything they did for me," he said. "I’m not knocking them on the way out or burning no bridges, you know, I apologize for my frustration earlier. I just think it’s time. It’s go time. It’s turn up time."

No comments:

Post a Comment